Day #40 – 2/13/14

[Lab Opening Time: 1:45 PM]

Today, we unpacked the parts we got back from anodizing and began assembly.  We completed one full launcher, as shown below.  Plenty more assembly still ahead. Glorious.

IMG_20140213_232424

Our team’s vice president decided to create a spreadsheet that logged all progress made by the team. It’s only editable by a select few (mainly mentors and division leaders), but it serves as an excellent method of logging what needs to be done while promoting efficiency.

The Spreadsheet.
The Spreadsheet.

Members of the mechanical team cut some shafts, and made a few standoffs on the lathe.

Making standoffs on the lathe.
Making standoffs on the lathe.

In addition, they mounted pistons and remade parts for the practice bot. Members also decided to grease and construct some of the VEX planetary gearboxes.

In terms of wiring, members…

  • Routed PWM’s   (Half-way done with on main bot, done with on practice bot)
  • Routed encoders (Half-way done on practice bot, done on the actual bot)
  • The ribbon cable for CRIO to sidecar done on both bots.
Ribbon cable to the CRIO
Ribbon cable to the CRIO

[Closing Time: 1 AM, the following day]